Sunday, September 21, 2008

The heavy leaf, the fallen page

"Let us have our coffee in the music room, Dorian. You must play Chopin to me. The man with whom my wife ran away played Chopin exquistely. Poor Victoria! I was very fond of her. The house is rather lonely without her. Of course, married life is merely a habit, a bad habit. But then one regrets the loss even of one's worst habits. Perhaps one regrets them the most. They are such an essential part of one's personality"
- Lord Henry Watton to Dorian Gray in "The Picture of Dorian Gray".

3 comments:

namrata said...

intriguing!
elaborate
:)

Sarvesh a.k.a JJ said...

?

Bhaiya, ab itte arase baad likha hai to bada hi goodh likha hai!

Naresh said...

@namrata/Sarvesh: It is something that I have felt so very often in life. Yet, I found words for it so very late. :D